We are going to place a bulk order for our team shirts so we need to collect your preference. The shirt color & logo will be as shown below, but you have a choice of Fabric, Style & Size
Click on the links below to see details of your shirt choices
The USAPA evaluation committee has completed the review and evaluation of the vendor proposals for a new match-based tournament ratings system. Athlete Ratings (AR) has tentatively been selected as the primary vendor. The final vendor selection will be contingent upon AR and USAPA agreeing to terms and signing a Services Agreement. As this selection process moves forward, any significant updates will be announced.
Click here to go to the Athlete Ratings (AR) website.
We now have a calendar of upcoming pickleball tournaments in and around SLO. This can be accessed from the Calendar web page.
This lists the dates, location and description of the tournament and will also let you know how to get additional info on the tournament. Be sure to use the Agenda view of the calendar for the best results.
There is a difference between Referee Certification and being Qualified to referee. You do not need to be certified to be a referee (at this time), except in certain sanctioned tournaments.
Referee certification culminates in the eligibility to referee sanctioned tournaments, medal matches, and (in some cases) get paid. Being qualified means you are able and willing to referee when needed, and know the basics of good refereeing (so you don’t look like a fool). Although sanctioned tournaments now require referees for every match, non-sanctioned or fun tournaments do not, though they are expected for medal matches.
Anyone can take the class to become a better referee. But for Referee Certification, the following is required:
- Be a member of USAPA
- Pass the Referee and Linesman tests
- Download and review the Referee Handbook
- Complete 4-hours of referee instruction with a USAPA-approved instructor (3 hours in classroom, 1 hour on courts). If you have also passed the tests, you will receive a Certificate of Completion at this point.
- Referee 30 matches, including at least 15 at sanctioned Be sure you keep a record of ALL matches you referee (including tournament name and date).
- Apply for certification: on-line, pay fee, schedule on-court evaluation.
The tests are taken at the USAPA website. They are free. There are three tests (Player, Linesman, and Referee) and all are recommended. They provide immediate feedback, and may be taken as many times as necessary to pass. The longest test (Referee) only takes about 25 minutes to complete. Once you pass each test, forward your results to the instructor.
- December 10: Cambria Christmas Holiday Fun Tournament
- January 10: Sarah Ansboury Clinic, Paso Robles
- January 14: Morro Bay Polka Dot Fun Tournament; for 3.5 players and below
- January 21: CA Central Coast Cup Challenge; Morro Bay v. Cambria
- March 4 (tentative): MB Pickleball in the Park & USAPA Ratings Clinic
- March 17: St. Patrick’s Day Holiday Fun Tournament, Paso Robles
- April 29 & 30: Paso Robles Sanctioned 2-day Tournament
- June 23,24,25 (tentative): Morro Bay Tournament (may be sanctioned)
- August 27&28 (tentative): Morro Bay Fun Tournament